Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
Hope Community Church (HCC) is an Evangelical Church located in the large, attractive village of Biddenden, Kent. The church meets in the Village Halls each Sunday morning for worship including creche facilities & children’s teaching for ages 4-13yrs. Services are supplemented with weekly Home Groups held at both the Village Halls and by online facilities.
Our congregation is made up of young families ranging to elderly people (aged between new-born and 92). Attendance at our Sunday service averages 45-50 people, with online services being live streamed during the pandemic. There is a strong sense of unity and caring within the fellowship despite the constraints of meeting during the pandemic.
SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
We are seeking a godly man who is thoroughly grounded in the Word of God, providing Biblical teaching through their preaching and support within the Church, demonstrating such skills as:
- A wise leader who will engage, encourage, and motivate God’s people both young and old to grow in the knowledge and understanding of the Word of God and its truths.
- A mission minded man with a passion to reach the village and surrounding community with the gospel.
- A man with collaborative working skills to encourage, develop and implement the Church vision with the Elders and team leaders but who is also willing to work as part of a team listening and seeking feedback as appropriate.
- A caring and loving Pastor with a servant’s heart who will take a personal interest and responsibility to care for his congregation and encourage growth in the Church fellowship.
- A Pastor who will be able to declare a whole-hearted acceptance of the FIEC Declaration of Faith and the Constitution and Handbook of the Church.
- A willingness to continue to learn and develop his Biblical knowledge and Christian character.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that he has successfully completed a period of theological training at a recognised Evangelical college/university in the UK and/or has the relevant pastoral experience.
For general information on Hope Community Church please browse this website. A helpful starting point is our home page here.
If you have any queries or wish to apply for the position, please contact us and / or send your CV together with the names and addresses of two referees to the Church Administrator at email@example.com